Episode 85 – Why is it Cupcake Time?
Hey! this week we welcome guests Nick and Paula to start us off. Tara is present, but doesn’t participate.
We start the show by making fun of Tara for playing the Kardashian game, then she counters by making fun of me for playing Kwazy Cupcakes. This starts a conversation about mobile games, in which Paula recommends Stick Ninja, and I talk shit about the ads for Game of War which feature nothing but voluptuous sexy ladies. Paula downloads Kwazy Cupcakes and we laugh about the ridiculous sounds it makes.
This show is pretty long, so here’s some bullet points:
- TV Shows – Nick discusses Warehouse 13 and I recommend Fringe
- Paula tells us about some cool Justice League action figures. Here’s the Thuperman figure we mention
- I have questions about some of the plot points of Ghostbusters, namely whether or not the keymaster and gatekeeper fucked to create Gozer. Nick answers
- We discuss Alien and how it holds up. We laugh at the 1979 vision of the future
- Futuristic talk, cybernetic hands, oculus rift, AI, etc
That covers the first hour. Hour 2 Troy shows up and I leave for a few to go upstairs to help him with his melting ice cream cake. Nick takes this opportunity to confront Paula about her interruptions and they have a little argument. I return and restore the peace so we can continue the show. Then Shawn shows up!
More Alien talk. The part where the robot guy goes crazy is discussed at length
- 21 Jump Street 3 will also be Men in Black 4
- We tell Troy all the old movies his young eyes should see (Breakfast Club, Fast Times, Bill & Ted, Shawshank, Fight Club, etc)
- We read lists of the best 80’s, 90’s, and 00’s movies
- Xbox One woes
- Halo shit-talking
About 75% of this show is discussing movies now that I go over it. So I hope you’re into that. If not, skip this one, I don’t give a shit. We lose a couple of chunks of show at the end, but you aren’t missing much. We wrap it up by discussing and watching Sia’s Elastic Heart video